The project I just finished tonight is a cushion for my son. The cover is made from bright red cotton twill with a centred piece of my favourite little boys fabric which I have used in two of my other projects already. I can't get enough of this design despite the fact I have a whole heap of new children's fabric in my stash! I added a navy and white polka dot border to break it up a little and added in an invisible zip at the top to make it possible to remove the cushion insert for washing purposes and to hopefully deter little fingers from opening it. Here are some pics!
Secondly, I started a quilt! Actually I have completed the quilt top and I am halfway through constructing the quilt back. It is 76in x76in which is fairly big for my first quilt but I am happy with how it is coming together. I will post some progress pics soon.
Thirdly, In nervous anticipation of attempting the actual quilting for my quilt myself I decided to practice! I made my son a new placemat to use on the table. He is obsessed with cars/trucks/ buses and is absolutely thrilled with his new mat. I have used a cotton/wool batting to make the quilt sandwich and used a rectangle piece of fabric for the top and the backing. I used random lines for the actual quilting as my new quilting table hadn't arrived in time for me to try some free motion quilting. I bound it using a coordinating fabric and attached it using my sewing machine (Lazy I know!)